Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Proud Army Wife

So, I'm about to begin a life as an 'Army wife.' Max has enlisted in the Army so for at least the next six years we will be living the military lifestyle and experiencing the ups and downs that goes along with it. All in all, we are excited! I don't mind moving around, and Max has mostly lived in Texas his whole life so we are looking forward to experiencing some other parts of the country and hopefully the world. It would be a wish come true if we were able to get stationed abroad. Anywhere overseas would suit us just fine, but our top picks would be Italy, Germany and Japan!

We do realize this is not a typical thing that a family at our age would normally do. We definitely have to deal with our share of comments and bewildered facial expressions when we share with others. BUT, we continue to feel that this is the right decision for us and it's the path that Heavenly Father wants us to go down. The most wonderful thing for me is that I am now going to be able to quit my job. In fact, my last day is Oct 17th! Yay! Another wonderful thing is that I've found a family that I will be able to work part-time for, I am going to babysit a little 4 year old girl about 25 hrs a week. This way a) I will be staying busy while Max is away in Georgia and North Carolina doing all his training for 7 + months (minus 2 weeks for Christmas)  and b) we'll be able to have some extra income and be able to save our dollars! I feel so grateful and it feels like one of those times in life where everything is working out. So I better keep my guard up for the next challenge that comes our way :)


No comments:

Post a Comment